Department: Information Technology (IT)
Reports to: Coordinator of Information Technology
Salary Track: I-J
FLSA Status: Exempt
Perform duties necessary for the development and maintenance of computer software which is used in the daily operation of the library. Provide programming support for internal and third-party software applications. Work independently on assignments with general instruction on results expected. Evaluate possible plans of action and recommend proposed plans to supervisor. Analyze user specifications and requirements in order to determine scope and possible outcomes of actions. Encodes, tests, debugs, and documents programs on moderately complex projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Analyze department needs, write programs to address needs, perform system tests and document application; communicate with user departments regarding software and hardware needs and concerns.
2. Write detailed flowcharts for programs and convert flowcharts to computer programs.
3. Test program adequacy and compile documentation on program development.
4. Responsible for system-wide software maintenance and analyze, review, and modify programs to adapt to new requirements.
5. Confer with management to resolve questions of program intent and output requirements.
GENERAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. May work with the Database Administrator on large, complex projects.
2. Troubleshoot programming and equipment difficulties; correct or repair problems as requested.
3. Attend and participate in seminars, training and professional groups; stay abreast of new trends and developments in the field of computer programming.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
Desktop and laptop computers, printers, laser scanners and other computer and electronic equipment used for District communications, as well as the District delivery van.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have strong communication skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team. Must have experience in a PC environment and hold a BA/BS in a related field. (Under exceptional circumstances, relevant experience or training may be substituted for degree requirement.) Requires 2-4 years relevant professional experience or equivalent education
Experience in developing the following three tiers of Window and Web Applications:
· Client side needs VB, ASP, VB.NET, ASP.NET and Crystal Report integrative with Microsoft Visual Studio
· Middle tier needs DCOM in COM+ or Web Service
· Back end tier use SQL server, need database developer knowledge
(Revision proposed 1/12/09)