Location: McClay Branch, 2760 McClay Rd., St. Charles, MO 63303
Status: Full time, non-exempt
Schedule: M-F with 1 evening per week & every 3rd Saturday. Other evening/weekend availability preferred.
Duties: This position manages the daily operations of the circulation area in the McClay Branch. The Circulation Supervisor is a working supervisor and must perform public service duties in conjunction with supervisory duties. Within the scope of public service, the supervisor works directly with patrons to set up library accounts, resolve questions with existing library accounts, and address patron requests related to circulation. The Circulation Supervisor supervises as many as 30 employees. Duties include: interviewing, developing weekly schedules, delegating work assignments, leading training programs for circulation staff, and conducting performance reviews. Handles minor or routine building maintenance projects and security concerns. Has the ability to make decisions and perform work under general supervision of the Branch Manager.
1. General knowledge of library operations and technology.
2. Ability to manage, train, and direct the work of branch employees and volunteers.
3. General business skills: accounting, clerical, and understanding of work flow processes.
4. Strong computer skills and ability to troubleshoot problems.
5. Ability to exercise initiative to achieve established goals and directives.
6. Proven ability to supervisor others.
1. Minimum five years in a public service or customer service capacity.
2. Previous library experience and BA/BS degree preferred.
1. Ability to lift materials or push or pull carts weighing up to 30 pounds.
2. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
3. Ability to reach high or low to return materials to shelves and move through aisles.
4. Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing to communicate well with staff and customers.
5. Sufficient vision to produce and review a wide variety of library materials.
6. Sufficient personal mobility to attend meetings at various locations within the District.
Compensation: $15.65/hour Salary Track: D
Deadline for applications: Friday, November 29, 2013
Applications are available at Library Branches or on our website at www.youranswerplace.org.
For immediate consideration: Resume with completed application can be returned to the Library Branches, emailed to HR@stchlibrary.org, or sent to SCCCLD, Human Resources, 77 Boone Hills Dr., St. Peters, MO 63376.
Please note: We appreciate your interest in the Library District, but due to the high volume of responses, we may only be able to contact those applicants that we wish to interview.
It shall be the Mission of the St. Charles City-County Library District to serve as the information utility that provides excellent and economical public library services to the residents and tax-payers of St. Charles County.
Proud to Be An Equal Opportunity Employer 11/15/13 – 11/29/13