Salary Track: C
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Perform various clerical duties entering data to update and maintain databases in Information Technology (IT) Department. Performs a variety of clerical duties for the department including maintain general filing system for department, assisting with telephones, visitors, mail, and supply requisitions. Works independently, receiving minimal detailed supervision and guidance. Complex questions are referred to the Coordinator of Information Technology. May also work in Technical Operations and report to manager of technical Operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Uses data entry skills to update and maintain databases such as overdue materials, collection agency, patron database, and periodicals database.
- Edits database records according to the Library District's procedures and practices.
- Reviews and assesses information determining the appropriate manner of entry into the databases.
- Applies cataloging formats and procedures to enter/transfer catalog information for periodicals from a remote database to the Library's database.
- Contacts branch staff to resolve specific issues, as needed, by phone or email.
- Maintains good communications with co-workers concerning work issues, patron concerns, and schedules.
- Identifies complex problems and refers them to the IT Coordinator for resolution and direction.
- Assists Technical Operations Manger by creating summary log ro accounting purposes.
- Works as the department receptionist including greeting visitors and answering telephones.
- Performs various clerical functions for the daily operations of the department including filing, distributing mail. Ordering supplies, and other projects as needed.
GENERAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works cooperatively with department staff on special projects.
- Performs other related work and accepts special projects as needed.
- Participates in informational meetings and attends training programs as available.
Must be able to operate personal computer including email, Internet connections and software related to databases; copier; fax machine; laminator; and telephone system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have basis knowledge of the function and purpose of public library, and advanced data entry and computer skills. Must be accurate and have high attention to detail. High school diploma or GED and two (2) years related work experience required. Prefer knowledge of library databases and/or completion of two (2) years of college.