Salary Track: B
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
RESPONSIBILITIES COMMON TO THE POSITION:
Perform receptionist and clerical duties in general administrative office.
TYPICAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
Receptionist: Operation of a telephone console to relay incoming calls or to respond to routine requests. Greet visitors and direct them to appropriate staff.
- Clerical: Light typing. Distribution of mail.
- Maintain general filing system for department.
- Maintain appropriate office supply reserve and fill system-wide requisitions.
- Receive vendor deliveries; coordinate outgoing mail.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial report.
- Balance petty cash drawer.
- Coordinate delivery of voter registration forms to County Clerk.
Receives direction on all aspects of the job, although fundamental tasks can be independently accomplished. Refers complex questions and situations to agency head.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of the function and purpose of public library.
- Knowledge of office procedures and use of office equipment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Typing skills, ability to file accurately, mathematical accuracy.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One (1) year related work experience.
Prefer: Completion of two (2) years of college.
TRANSFER AND PROMOTION:
Incumbents in this classification are eligible for promotion or transfer based on: position availability, work history, education, and skills required for the job. Policies E032.1 and E512.2 may apply. All reclassifications are subject to board approval.