Job Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Classification: Executive Administrative Assistant
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Salary Track: D
Reports To: Director
This position provides administrative and secretarial support to the Assistant Director, Director, and Board of Trustees. The Assistant Director is responsible for daily supervision of the Executive Administrative Assistant. In addition to general clerical duties, the Executive Administrative Assistant will manage multiple calendars and appointments, respond to information requests, prepare and maintain annual statistical report to the Missouri State Library, and other surveys and reports as directed.
Administrative support to the Board of Trustees will include: assembly of monthly board meeting packets, recording board and board committee minutes, maintenance of orientation materials, and arranging board meeting schedule. Normal office hours are flexed when needed to attend Board meetings or other evening meetings.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Assistant Director, Director, and Board of Trustees.
- Facilitate access to the Director and Assistant Director through phone calls and calendar appointments.
- Compose and type letters, reports, and general correspondence.
- Prepare reports as requested by the Director and Assistant Director.
- Provide professional, positive service in all interactions between coworkers and internal or external customers.
- Perform a variety of confidential assignments.
- Work with Board of Trustees and maintain confidentiality of all Board affairs.
- Type, proofread, and edit letters, memos, correspondence, and reports.
- Maintain administrative files such as correspondence, library policies, forms, board records, etc.
- Collect, maintain and compile reports of the District statistics.
- Create databases and generate reports, such as the annual statistical report to the Missouri State Library.
- Coordinate posting of administrative information to the library website and intranet.
- Handle organizational membership renewals and assist staff with conference and training registration as needed.
- Schedule use of meeting rooms in the Administrative Offices.
- Make travel arrangements for the Director and Assistant Director as requested.
- Assist with general reception duties including answering, screening and transferring telephone calls, routing mail, greeting guests, etc.
- Provide support for Board of Trustees:
- Assemble monthly board meeting packets
- Attend all board and board committee meetings
- Record board and board committee meeting minutes
- Maintain board orientation materials
- Arrange board meeting schedule
- Perform a variety of confidential and sensitive assignments or special projects.
- Proficient with multiple software packages, proven ability to learn new software quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, stay well organized and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent customer service skills both in person, via telephone, and email.
- Accurate and proficient typing skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team.
- Ability to work a varied schedule that includes occasional evenings.
- Ability to deal with a diverse group of internal and external customers.
Essential Physical Abilities (Accomplished with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Ability to lift materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to reach high or low to route mail and operate office equipment.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing to communicate well with staff and guests.
- Sufficient vision to produce and review a wide variety of materials, written correspondence, reports and related materials in both electronic and hard copy form.
- Sufficient personal mobility to move freely about in an office environment and to attend meetings at various locations within the District.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in an Executive Administrative role.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Current library experience from a customer or employee viewpoint.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
(Revision approved 12/10/2013)