Request for Proposal
Preferred Catering for the St. Charles City-County Library District
The new Spencer Road Library, a branch of the St. Charles City-County Library District, is able to offer the Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital Event Room. This space is conducive for large meetings and events which then lead to the opportunities for meal service and catering. In an effort to streamline the process and make the use of the event room more efficiently we are seeking caterers with whom to work on a regular basis and to be promoted as our preferred catering companies. We are looking for up to seven companies which will allow us to offer a variety of options and price ranges. Attached is the agreement which we would ask each company to adhere to and sign if selected as a preferred caterer. Additionally we would like each interested party to provide the following information:
1. Completed Contact Information cover page (attached)
2. Description of the of services that you could offer our customers
3. Menu options with costs
4. Length of time the costs will be applicable
5. Brief biography of the point of contact(s)
6. Three written references with contact information from companies or organizations which have used your services for meetings or events
7. Any other information which you would like to provide to help us in our decision making process
· RFP will be posted from April 4th through April 30th
· Informational Meeting will take place on Friday April 12th from 2:30 – 4:30 pm, rooms 240-243, Community Commons, Spencer Road Branch Library, 427 Spencer Road, St. Peters, MO 63336.
· Information will be shared at 2:30 pm and time will be left for questions
· Sealed submissions must be in by 5:00pm on Tuesday April 30th. Deliver to the attention of Laurie St. Laurent, Branch Manager, Spencer Road Library, 427 Spencer Road, St. Peters, MO 63376, or email to Laurie’s attention at firstname.lastname@example.org
· By May 21, 2013, selected caterers will be notified and given information regarding the steps required to complete the Preferred Status Agreement. Annual contracts are set to begin on July 1st, 2013.
The facility at the Spencer Road Branch Library has two adjoining event rooms which can be combined for large events. Each room can accommodate 50 - 150 people. Combined seating for both rooms is 200 – 400, depending on set-up style. Available furniture includes 3 serving tables, 20 round tables seating 8-10, and 200 chairs. There is a staging kitchen which is not suitable for cooking. Several 100 cup capacity coffee urns are available for use. All food preparation, assembly and cooking must be done off site in a legally licensed kitchen. Caterers will be expected to provide equipment for heating or cooling food as appropriate.
Vendors will be required to give 60 day notice of any change in pricing or menu. Customers will contract directly with the preferred caterers for food, beverages, linens, and/or décor. The District will not be held liable for any perceived breach of contract between the caterer(s) and the customers.
Many of the contracting groups, including the Library District, are nonprofit organizations and therefore are exempt from sales tax. It is up to the caterer(s) to obtain the tax exempt paperwork as needed.
Selected caterers will be expected to establish operating procedures to reduce the likelihood of damage to District property. Caterers will be expected to perform other duties which are required to ensure the safe, sanitary and legal operation of the facility in the public interest.
The District reserves the right to waive any and all irregularities in the proposal process and to choose the vendors in the best interest of the District regardless of cost.