Job Title: Every Child Ready to Read Advocate/Trainer
Purpose: The position Every Child Ready to Read Advocate/Trainer directly engages our community partners and their patrons on the fundamentals of Every Child Ready to Read. Every Child Ready to Read Advocate/Trainer will manage one/or multiple community partners in the county to educate parents on how to promote literacy and life-long reading for young readers.
Location: Multiple throughout St. Charles County, but responsibilities will be assigned from Administrative Office located at 77 Boone Hills Dr. St. Peters, MO 63376.
- Advocate/promote Every Child Ready to Read best practices at community partner locations
- Assist Children’s Services Librarians with outreach to community partners
- Read out loud and demonstrate how to read out loud to children
- Works with Ready 2 Read Volunteer Manager to identify best locations to visit
- Helps collect information/registration cards from assigned community partner locations
Reports to: Extension Services Specialist
Length of Appointment: The Every Child Ready to Read Advocate/Trainer will serve for at least 1 year and can stay on as a permanent position.
Time Commitment: At least, one day per month (Every Child Ready to Read Advocate/Trainer choice) for two hours. This is two hours per partner of the program and a Every Child Ready to Read Advocate/Trainer may work with up to 2 partners.
- Trained in Every Child Ready to Read curriculum (provided by district)
- Out-going and not afraid to engage strangers in conversation
- Basic knowledge of working in office environment
- Basic knowledge of computer and data entry
- Passion for reading and helping others
- Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability, dependability
- Ability to mutli-task and manage multiple projects
- Vehicle to travel to partner locations
Support: Training/orientation for this position will be provided. In addition, the Extension Services Specialist will be available for questions and assistance.
Age Requirement: 18 years or older
Dress Code: Casual