Job Title: Books 2 You Home Visit Specialist
Purpose: The position Books 2 You Home Visit Specialist directly engages the senior community of St. Charles County through personal home delivery of library services to those that cannot come to the library. Each Books 2 You Home Visit Specialist will manage one/or multiple homebound individuals in the county to deliver books and other library items.
Location: Multiple throughout St. Charles County, but responsibilities will be assigned from Administrative Office located at 77 Boone Hills Dr. St. Peters, MO 63376.
- Deliver library services to homebound individuals in the community
- Read out loud to seniors that are unable to read on their own
- Works with Books 2 You Volunteer Manager to order requested items for homebound individuals
- Helps collect information/registration cards from assigned community partner locations
Reports to: Extension Services Specialist
Length of Appointment: The Books 2 You Home Visit Specialist will serve for at least 1 year and can stay on as a permanent position.
Time Commitment: At least, one day per month (Books 2 You Home Visit Specialist choice) for two hours. This is two hours per patron of the program and a Books 2 You Home Visit Specialist may work with up to four patrons.
- Passion for working with our senior community
- Trained in book discussion tactics (provided by district)
- Basic knowledge of working in office environment
- Basic knowledge of computer and data entry
- Passion for reading and helping others
- Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability, dependability
- Ability to mutli-task and manage multiple projects
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Vehicle to travel to residence
Support: Training/orientation for this position will be provided. In addition, the Extension Services Specialist will be available for questions and assistance.
Age Requirement: 18 years or older
Dress Code: Casual