Web Developer/Digital Content Specialist
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Reports to: Coordinator of Information Technology
Salary Track: F-G
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for technical aspects of the District’s web services and digital content. Acts as project coordinator for web and e-media projects. Develops and maintains District Mobile Apps. Works with IT Coordinator to prioritize and propose web and digital projects based upon District resources and availability of current and future technology.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage District Electronic Media Projects and Programs
- Responsible for District Web and Mobile Technology
- Update web pages for electronic resources and other assigned data
- Coordinate web activities and deadlines
- Responsible fortechnology requirements for web pages and resources
- Develop and maintain District Intranet
GENERAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be lead person for Electronic Media, including hardware/software troubleshooting and management.
- Be training coordinator for e-media
- Be lead person for District Mobile Apps
- Be District lead on new Web and Mobile Technology
- Perform other department tasks and special projects as needed.
- Make sure content groups are active
- Serve as project coordinator for content groups proposing an online service
- Establish and communicate priorities for web services
- Coordinate content, graphics and usability of web pages with appropriate department
- Maintain content management systems by performing upgrades and adding new features
- Work with Marketing Department and other District staff to add and maintain web content
- Work with staff to determine feasible branch electronic e-media hardware and software
- Work as part of Overdrive e-mail group troubleshooting and responding to customer issues
Desktop and laptop computers, printers, laser scanners and other computer and electronic equipment used for District communications, as well as the District delivery van.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience.
- 2-4 years of experience building and theming Drupal Web sites on open source operating systems using PHP, MySQL, and Apache
- Thorough understanding of Drupal 6 and above, its capabilities and its limitations
- Thorough knowledge of Drupal theme development, site building and module selection
- Proven code trouble-shooting skills. Knowledge & experience in full cycle application development - requirements, architecture, development, testing, documentation and deployment
- Proven track record for product delivery, ability to meet deadlines, develop project plans and is results oriented
- Outstanding sense of initiative and ownership
- Ability to read and understand application code with minimal aid or documentation
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experienced in optimizing for scale and performance, the latest in web software architectures, etc.