EXTENSION SERVICES SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
SALARY TRACK: F-G
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
Responsible for planning, developing and coordinating library services to community locations serving seniors, homebound, institutions and other groups outside the traditional library facilities. Responsible for identifying special service needs through community needs assessment and analysis, and the development of long range plans to meet those needs. Collaborate and develop partnerships to provide enhanced Extension Services throughout the County. Provide project support for new and existing extension services through grant and volunteer program management. Responsible for overseeing continuation of existing programs, including, but not limited to: Books to You, Early Literacy Kit distribution, and early literacy support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Community needs assessment and analysis
• Program development, management and analysis
• Volunteer recruitment and management
• Networking and relationship building
• Grant writing for program support
• Collaboration and development of partnerships
GENERAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• General understanding of Library services
• May serve on committees or teams within or outside the District in the area of expertise.
• Provides staff training on extension services issues and programs.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelors Degree required, Masters preferred
• 3 years of experience working with volunteers and managing outcome based programs
• Experience in developing and utilizing community needs assessments
• Excellent Oral and Written communication skills
• Excellent Relationship Building I Networking skills
• Grant writing experience preferred
• Confident public speaker
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE: PC, printer, copier, calculator, fax, automated phone system, computer, Quickbooks, eTapestry and Microsoft office.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Physical work associated with the position may include: lifting a minimum of 25-30 pounds, bending, walking, pushing, pulling, standing, hearing, seeing, speaking, walking, and sitting.
Must have an excellent driving record and valid driver's license.