Family History Library Microfilm Ordering
The Kathryn Linnemann Branch of the St. Charles City-County Library District has been designated as an authorized facility to order Latter Day Saints (L.D.S.) microfilms from the Salt Lake City Distributions Center. Films can only be ordered using this online procedure.
If you do not have a FamilySearch account:
- Login to http://familysearch.org/films
- Click “create an account” in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Provide the requested information. An email with instructions to activate the account will be sent to your email address
- Return to http://familysearch.org/films and logon with your username and password. The screen will include a notice that you have not chosen a default Family History Center. Click “change Family History Center”
- Choose “US” and “Missouri” from the drop down menus provided.
- From the resulting list, click the button for “Kathryn Linnemann Branch Library”
If you already have a FamilySearch Account:
- Go to http://familysearch.org/filmsand login to your account.
- Choose “my account” on the upper left corner of the page.
- Choose “my FamilyHistoryCenter”
- Click “change FamilyHistoryCenterand follow steps 5 and 6 listed above.
- Check the FamilySearch online catalog https://www.familysearch.org/#form=catalog and note the number(s) of the film(s) you want to order
- Go to http://familysearch.org/filmsand login, if you have not already done so.
- In the blue search box, select the desired loan period under “loan type,” enter the number in the box provided and click “search.” A search results page will load, which will confirm that your selection is correct.
- Click “add to cart” next to the film title. Click “continue shopping” at the bottom right of the screen to add more films to your cart. When you are finished choosing films, click the “proceed to checkout” button on the Shopping Cart page.
- Provide the billing information requested and click “continue.” The next screens will guide you through the rest of the payment process. FamilySearch accepts payment by credit card or Paypal account.
Once you have placed your order, you will receive a confirmation by email. Order not processed for 24 hours are listed as “pending.” You may log back into the system to cancel the order during this time. The system will not let you request a film that is already in the library on loan. You will be notified by email when the film is shipped, and again when it has been received by the Kathryn Linnemann Library.
If you have questions or need further assistance please call FamilySearch at (866) 406-1830 or the Local History/Genealogy Department at 636)723-0232, ext 2660