Reports to:Coordinator of Information Technology
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for providing technical support for the Library District hardware and software at the Administrative Offices and in the branches. Support to include installation of equipment, repairing or transferring equipment, software and database updates, and troubleshooting problems. Assist in modifying, designing, documenting, and testing operating system software. Perform work independently with general instruction and work on more complex problems with the IT Network Administrator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Install, upgrade, and replace hardware and software under guidance of the Network Administrator.
- Provide maintenance and troubleshooting support for District computer hardware and software, including the Envisionware Time and Print system.
- Develop procedures to test and implement new software and software upgrades.
- Assist in modifying, designing, documenting, and testing operating system software.
- Support for staff applications, operating systems, workstations, and printers.
- Respond to and evaluate requestsfrom staff to assess feasibility and costs of various courses of action.
- Act as primary Audio/Video contact in the use of District equipment, including branch camera systems.
GENERAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in maintaining inventory of computer parts and equipment.
- Assist Network Administrator and Computer Systems Administrator in special projects.
- Serve as a general resource for branch hardware and software questions.
- Transport equipment to different locations within the District.
- Drive District van, or personal vehicle, to and from District locations to transport computer equipment.
- Perform other department tasks as needed.
Personal computers, printers, laser scanners, tools for repairing and moving computer equipment, District van, and other computer specific equipment. Electronic and network diagnostic and repair tools. Diagnostic, performance, and security software programs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have 2 or more years supporting small and medium size business architecture; experienced in current Microsoft Windows and Server Systems, Microsoft Office applications, as well as networking and routing principles. Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, IIS, VPN, VLANs, and Terminal Services is expected. Knowledge of virtual machines and Linux systems is a plus. Although advanced networking skills are preferred, must be capable of supporting system from desktop up.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception needed for:
• reading and writing
• communicating with others
• operating assigned equipment.
Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Driving/Operating District van.
- Lifting and stacking objects up to 75 lbs.
- Accessing and connecting cables and plugs on floor and behind furniture, desks, and equipment.