St. Charles City-County Library District offers a collection of video games for customers to borrow. Video games help develop skills promoting literacy such as storytelling, pattern recognition, and symbol decoding, as well as skill development in multitasking, strategy development, problem solving and teamwork.
- Video games may be checked out for a period of 7 days.
- Four video games may be checked out on one card at one time.
- Video games may be reserved.
- Video games may be renewed if there are no reserves waiting for a specific title.
- Some titles will also be designated as “Most Wanted” i.e., non reservable, and follow the same lending policy as DVD “Most Wanted” titles.
Games rated AO (Adult Only) will not be included. Ratings are established by the Independent Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB).
Approved December 13, 2010 Revised, 7/10/12