Small Group Rooms
Small Group Rooms are designed to support the community by providing businesses, nonprofit organizations, community groups, and individuals with access to semiprivate common use work space.
1. A responsible party must be a minimum of sixteen (16) years old and possess a valid library card in good standing, and remain in the building, to use a Small Group Room.
2. Walk-in use of the Small Group Rooms shall be made available to individual customers and small groups in one (1) or two (2) hour increments dependent upon branch availability and location. Walk-in use will be made available on a first come basis.
3. In branch locations where room reservations are available, Small Group Rooms may be reserved up to fourteen (14) days in advance.
Individual customers and small groups may make one (1) room reservation per five (5) day period. Room reservations shall be limited to a maximum of four (4) hours per party, per day.
4. Library staff reserve the right to limit individual customers and small groups to a single use period during times of high customer demand.
5. Applications to reserve the Small Group Rooms may be made online through the Library District’s room reservation system or by contacting the branch staff directly.
6. Meetings may be closed to the general public, provided that the meetings are held in compliance with RSMO 610 (the Sunshine Law). Pursuant to the provisions of RSMO 610, space will be designated within the branch for public posting of meeting times and agendas.
7. The Library District reserves the right to adjust room assignments based on scheduling needs. Rooms must be occupied during the reservation or walk-in use period. Unoccupied rooms will be made available to the public for walk-in use.
If the responsible party is not present within ten (10) minutes of the room reservation, the reservation will be canceled. In the event that a room reservation has been canceled, individual customers and small groups may apply for walk-in use of a room, subject to availability.
8. Organizations are required to notify the Library District twenty-four (24) hours in advance if the reservation is cancelled prior to the date. A failure to notify the Library District of the cancellation of a reservation may result in restricted access to the Small Group Rooms.
9. The arrangement of Small Group Room furniture and fixtures may not be changed without the express permission of the Library District.
10. Unless specifically outlined above, all Library District policies shall apply to the use of the Small Group Rooms.
When conflicts arise between the proposed use of the Library District’s Meeting Rooms and regulations presented in this policy, the Board of Trustees of the St. Charles City-County Library District shall have the final authority in granting or refusing permission for use of the rooms.
Approved 12/12/2011; Revised 8/12/2014