General Use of Library District Meeting Rooms
The purpose of this policy is to insure an orderly, peaceful and efficient use of library Meeting Rooms so as to accommodate and provide equal access to library customers.
Personal events, including but not limited to birthday parties, play groups, wedding receptions, and reunions are not considered appropriate use of Library District Meeting Rooms.
Modifications of Meeting Room rules may be made for the Library District or its partner organizations. The Library District reserves the right to adjust room assignments based on scheduling needs. Library District sponsored programs shall receive priority in the event of a scheduling conflict.
- Purposes, objectives, or views of customers reserving Library District Meeting Rooms shall in no way be announced, advertised, or displayed so as to suggest that the organization, its mission, beliefs, or purposes are endorsed by the Library District or its partnering agencies. Publicly distributed marketing materials for any program held in a Library District meeting room must include the language, "This program is not affiliated with or sponsored by the St. Charles City-County Library District "
- Customers shall be responsible for vacating the Meeting Rooms within the timeframe indicated in their room reservation.
- Use of Meeting Rooms must be concluded in time to vacate the room in advance of the regularly scheduled facility closing time; typically fifteen (15) minutes before the close of the facility.
- Meetings must be conducted in a quiet, orderly manner.
- In accordance with Library Policy C184, customers reserving the meeting facility will insure that meeting attendees respect the common use areas of the library.
- In accordance with Library Policy C260, parents may not leave children unattended while using the meeting room facilities.
- All Library District facilities are smoke-free and the use of tobacco products is prohibited.
- Light, non-alcoholic drinks and refreshments may be served, so long as the premises are left clean and orderly.
- Customers using the Meeting Rooms shall be assessed for damage to, and excessive cleaning of, Meeting Rooms. The use of tacks and permanent tape is prohibited.
- Kitchen and food preparation facilities will not be made available to organizations using the Meeting Rooms.
- No materials, equipment or furniture belonging to Library Customers may be stored on Library District premises. Neither the Library District, nor its partner agencies, will assume responsibility if materials, etc. are left on the premises.
- Customers using the meeting facilities will hold harmless the Library District, and its partner agencies, for injuries and accidents as a result of carelessness.
- Due to the public nature of Meeting Rooms, reservation requests shall not be protected as Library User Records, as described in Library Policy C280, but treated as public documents.
- Library staff reserves the right to enter all meetings held in Library District facilities.
- Unless specifically outlined above, All Library District Policies shall apply to the use of the Meeting Rooms.
When conflicts arise between the proposed use of the Library District’s Meeting Rooms and regulations presented in this policy, the Board of Trustees of the St. Charles City-County Library District shall have the final authority in granting or refusing permission for use of the rooms.
(Approved 12/12/2011) (Modified 5/14/2013)
Additional Meeting Room Policies
||Meeting Room Fee Schedule Policy (Approved 12/12/2011)
||Multipurpose Meeting Room Policy (Approved 12/12/2011)
||Small Group Rooms Policy (Approved 12/12/2011)
||Houck Professional Rooms Policy (Approved 12/12/2011)
||Community Commons Meeting Room Policy (Approved 12/12/2011)